Some units (diploma level and language units) are available by distance mode (see below). Study by distance mode will involve a set of notes for each unit supplied by the PTC, the regular submission of assignments and the opportunity to discuss issues by phone or email with a member of staff.
Candidates and intending candidates for the Presbyterian ministry enrolled for distance units only should note that attendance at the PTC is expected for four days only in the course of any year. The following units are available for study by distance mode.
- LA003 A&B - Biblical Hebrew
- OT201 - Formative OT Traditions
- OT202 - From Israel to Judea
- NT201 - Content & Setting of the Gospel Tradition
- NT202 - Early New Testament Church
- NT206 - Romans
- TH210 - The Doctrine of God & Person & Work of Christ
- TH211 - The Holy Spirit, Grace & Hope
- CH201 - The Church to 1550
- CH202 - The Church from 1550 to Modern Times
The only award which may be entirely undertaken by distance study through the PTC at this stage is the Certificate in Bible and Ministry. The 200 level units may be taken towards the Diploma of Theology/Ministry and the Advanced Diploma of Ministry. LA003A&B may be taken within any award up to BTh.